According to the Book of Exodus inside the Old Testament Bible, the extremely good Hebrew prophet Moses climbed Mount Sinai to wish to God, who had helped him unfastened and lead a cold-hearted, cussed bunch of former slaves from Egypt. As Moses stayed on Sinai, God carved ten ethical legal guidelines onto stones for Moses to give to the Israelites. God particularly wanted these nomads to love and obey Him due to the fact He had selected them to be His People. As they wandered in the barren region for 40 years, they struggled to open their hearts to the Almighty and His moral regulations. Even as they fought other kingdoms and settled in Jerusalem, their capital, many, which include their personal rulers disobeyed God.
More than 1000 years later, immorality still stalked the Israelites. There become a extensive moral chasm among God and His chosen human beings. God demanded moral perfection from them, however many did not even worship God; they prayed to false gods. So, God despatched Jesus Christ, His handiest divine Son to return into this international to keep sinners who struggled to hold His legal guidelines. Jesus taught that the most important commandment changed into to like God with all your “coronary heart, soul and thoughts.” The 2d become to like all fellow people as a great deal as yourself. The two collectively summarized the Ten Commandments. All the Law and the Prophets hold on these two commandments. (Mat 22:forty)
He preached many other regulations of divine expertise, approximately loving God, themselves and others. Jesus also taught about divine love, wish, peace, eternal life within the God’s Commandments of Christ heavenly kingdom, and salvation through Him. His messages made his fans love Him and His enemies despise Him. Those haters have been Pharisees who have been the so-referred to as keepers of God’s regulation. However, they have been rulers for the wrong motives: security, prestige, and income. They did no longer love God, nor His laws, however hated Jesus for angrily chastising them in public.
Although Jesus taught numerous new divine messages to the crowds, He by no means threw out God’s law, however alternatively, emphasized them in his very own teachings. God’s Ten Commandments were the pillars for Christ’s divine messages: Do now not think that I actually have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I actually have now not come to abolish them however to meet them (Matthew five: 17).
The Book of Mathew within the New Testament Bible statistics Christ’s response to all of His Father’s Ten Commandments.
1. Have no different gods earlier than Me; Christ: You shall love the LORD your God with all of your coronary heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and the excellent commandment (Mat 22:37).
2. Do now not make idols; Christ: You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve (Mat 4:10).
3. Do not take the name of the LORD your God in useless; (Christ) Therefore, I say to you, every sin and blasphemy could be forgiven men, however the blasphemy in opposition to the Spirit will not be forgiven. (Mat 12:31).
Four. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy and do no work; Christ: It is lawful to do properly at the Sabbath (Mat 12:11-12).
5. Honor your father and your mother; Christ: Honor your father and your mother (Mat 19:19).
6. Do no longer murder. You shall not homicide, and each person who murders could be problem to judgment.’ But I tell you that anybody who’s indignant with a brother or sister may be situation to judgment (Mat 5:21-22).
7. Do now not devote adultery; Christ: You shall not commit adultery (Mat 19:18). I say to you that whoever seems at a woman to lust for her has already dedicated adultery together with her in his coronary heart (Mat five:27-28). But I say to you that whoever divorces his spouse for any reason except sexual immorality reasons her to dedicate adultery; and whoever marries a lady who is divorced commits adultery (Mat 5:32). For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts… Adulteries, fornications… These are the things which defile a man (Mat 15:19-20). And I say to you, whoever divorces his spouse, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery, and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery (Mat 19:9).
Eight. Do not scouse borrow. Christ: You shall no longer steal (Mat 19:18). It is written, ‘My residence shall be referred to as a house of prayer’, but you’ve got made it a den of thieves (Mat 21:13).
Nine. Do no longer endure fake witness against your neighbor. Christ: You shall no longer swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord. But I say to you, do no longer swear at all (Mat 5:33-34).
10. Do not covet what isn’t yours. Christ: Do now not worry about your lifestyles, what you will devour or what you will drink, nor approximately your frame, what you will put on (Mat 6:25).